The moisturizer is a mandatory part of the skincare routine because it showers multiple benefits on the skin, such as:
· Relieving dryness
· Fighting signs of ageing
· Promoting healthier skin
· Protecting from the sun and pollution
If you are not experiencing any of these benefits and are tired of changing moisturizers, maybe it’s time to take a look at how you apply moisturizer to your face. The process is just as important as the product itself. And, we shall walk you through the steps in detail.
How to apply moisturizer on the face
Prepare your skin
Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry. It will be clean and supple, ready to get some moisturizing love. It is important to note here that you shouldn’t dry the skin completely. Damp skin absorbs the moisturizer well and gives optimal results.
Take a little moisturizer on your hand (almond-sized) and warm it up
You need slightly more than a pea-sized amount of the product. We call it the almond size! Take it on your palm and rub it gently to generate a little heat. Warm it up and spread it evenly on your palm and fingers. Be cautious not to use just your fingers. It will affect the efficiency of the application.
Start with the forehead
Using your palms and fingers as well as fingers, spread the moisturizer on your forehead, nose, T-zone, ears, chin, and neck. Take your time with this step, and don’t be too forceful. Gently, using upward strokes, cover your entire face and neck.
No pulling or tugging
Don’t pull your face downwards or tug on it. This action can harm the skin. Always lift your skin up (just like your spirits!)
Things to remember
· Don’t wash your face with hot water
· Always give your neck as much importance as your face
· Apply makeup only after the moisturizer is completely absorbed
· If you are using a new moisturizer and you have sensitive skin, do a patch test first
· Those who have atopic dermatitis must speak to the dermatologist
Tips for buying the right moisturizer for men
· Buy a water-based moisturizer
· Make sure that it is non-comedogenic
· Check for soothing ingredients such as Aloe vera
· Plant-based ingredients are the safest
· It is ideal for day creams to have SPF (at least SPF 30)
· It should be non-greasy and capable of locking moisture
· The moisturizer should be gentle and suitable for all skin types
To make the most out of your moisturizer, it is crucial to apply it correctly. We hope our guide helped you with just that. We invite you to shop for our non-comedogenic moisturizer,which is SPF 50, non-greasy, and easy on all types of skin. We are positive you won’t be disappointed.